Dear Parent or Guardian
We have re-engaged the services of Gwent Music to provide music tuition in the school for the coming academic year 2016-
- The school has arranged that from now on parents and carers will make payments for their child’s music tuition directly to Gwent Music. We have made this change as the arrangement for the provision of the tuition is an agreement between parents, carers and Gwent Music; this will enable parents and carers to contact Gwent Music directly with any queries.
This will apply for all music tuition in the new academic year starting in September 2016.
- Children will continue to be taught in groups of between 2 and 4 children for 20 to 30 minutes each week depending on numbers and the mix of standards and instruments.
- 34 sessions will delivered over the school year.
- The cost for small group tuition is £180.00 payable in instalments of £60.00 per term.
- These charges apply for the academic year 2016-17.
- It may be possible, subject to availability, for your child to borrow a Gwent Music instrument for up to a year.
If your child has been receiving tuition in the current year and would like to continue next term, or would like tuition next term, please enroll your child and make the first payment as follows:
1. Go to www.gwentmusic.co.uk/parent.
- If you already have a Gwent Music Parent Portal account then login as usual otherwise click the Register button and enter your contact details.
3. Click on ‘Enrol for an Activity’
- Click Music Tuition and select [Chepstow School], then click ‘Next’.
- Select the instrument your child learns, or would like to learn, from the list of lessons then click ‘Next’ and complete your child’s details.
- You will then be taken to the Newport City Council payments web page to make the payment.
If your child is entitled to Free School Meals or you would have severe financial difficulties in paying for tuition and this may prevent you from enrolling your child, please be aware that there is a grant available from Monmouthshire County Council. The grant must be applied for by parents and supported by the Head Teacher. The funding is limited and awarded on a first come first served basis, so we would strongly advise that you complete the application at the earliest opportunity. If you wish to apply, please submit an On-Line Enquiry at www.gwentmusic.co.uk and they will provide the necessary documentation for you. Their telephone number is 01633 210800.
Starter Guides for a range of instruments are available at http://www.gwentmusic.co.uk/hints-tips/