We are a team of Year 7 pupils currently studying at Chepstow School. Our goal is to work with the community to encourage sustainable living, promote wildlife and develop a more sustainable eco-system. We intend of undertaking several projects based around Technology, Science and collaborative studies to support our community and encourage wildlife to thrive.
Our interesting projects include:
- Making a nesting box hotel to encourage birds to thrive
- To develop an eco-garden to promote sustainable living
- To develop learning resources to be accessed in the Wye Valley
- To explore the science and practicality of Hydroponics
- To create a vertical farm
- To create an assembly to share with Cluster Primary Schools
- To have fun!
Our top 10 priorities are:
- To minimise the number of plastic bottles brought into school
- To promote the three Rs - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- To dispose of rubbish correctly
- To try to use Ecosia instead of Google as a search engine
- To turn of computers, projectors and lights when not in use
- To walk to school when we can
- To develop an environmentally friendly school site
- To only print when necessary
- To work with our local community to see how the school can improve our local enviroment
- To look for opportunities to raise awareness about climate change
We hope you enjoy this diary and find its contents useful and inspirational.
The Year 7 Eco-Committee
Follow our progress here: https://www.chepstowschooleco.weebly.com/
Follow us on Twitter here: Follow @ChepstowEco